PHOTOSHOP DISASTERS GREATEST HITS
Author Archives: bev
Happy Mother’s Day weekend! It was a busy week here at PS Disasters. Between this guy’s tiny T-Rex arms and this model’s snap-off leg, we had no shortage of head-scratching moments. I won’t even get into why this lady was sitting on a leg-shaped baguette, because I’m still mystified.
Speaking of mystifying, off to the links we go.
- 20 Disturbing Animal-Human Face Swaps. [Smosh]
- “I’m no expert, but you should trust my expertise in these matters.” [Clients From Hell]
- 10 Trippy Photos Edited Before Photoshop. [BuzzFeed]
- Awesome Celebrity Bobbleheads. Thanks, Remy. [Imgur]
- Most Embarrassing Celebrity Twitter Pictures [About Web Humor]
- Adobe announces a new “Subscription Only” business model for their creative software line. [Mashable]
- PsD readers sound off on Adobe’s decision. What do you think? [PsD Facebook Page]
Here we see the new 2013 GMC Terrain Denali in front of the beautiful Houston, Texas skyline. But wait… anyone who has ever seen the Houston skyline might notice that something’s wrong with this picture. Can you spot it?
It seems someone took some creative liberties here. This photo appears on the GMC site. Apparently they didn’t think anyone would notice.
Another productive week is behind us! We have to give all of last week’s PS disasters a big thumbs up – make that two thumbs up – but we still couldn’t be happier that we made it to the weekend without going to pieces. Let’s see what else has been happening in Photoshop news lately, shall we?
- 37 Professional Photoshoppers Who Should Be Fired Immediately. [BuzzFeed]
- “There’s nothing wrong with the design, just tune it up.” (???!) [Clients From Hell]
- Newcastle Brown Ale releases funny ad: “Handcrafted by master brewers, and hand-Photoshopped by underpaid interns.” [HuffPost Business]
- A few cases of Photoshop “Giraffic Design.” [Smosh]
- 17 Group Photos That Are Definitely Not Photoshopped. (Yes, that’s sarcasm) [BuzzFeed]
- 15 New Animal Species Bred In Photoshop. [Bored Panda]
- Calvin & Hobbes Placed Into Real Photos. [Ned Hardy]
- Photoshopped Real Estate Listings Turn Into Not-So-Real Estate. [AOL Real Estate]
It’s time once again to test your skills and Spot The Disaster!
This is a subtle one, but that doesn’t make it any less inexplicable. I mean really, why did they bother? Let us know what you think in the comments.
This image appeared in BJ’s Summer 2013 member journal. It was submitted by our fabulous reader, Dara, via our Facebook page.
We’re doing something a little different today. Let’s test those keen powers of observation and see how many of you can spot the problem with this image.
What do you think? Was this intentional, or did someone get a little messy?
Thanks to the (presumably) lovely and talented Richard for sending this in. The original is here.
Welcome to your weekend link round-up! This week on PsD, we featured a phantom Edward Norton, a model with a thigh in the wrong place, and really stinky cologne ad, among other things. Let’s see how else Photoshop has been used around the web lately. It can’t be worse than these disasters… or can it?
- The 29 Most Important Face Swaps of All Time. [BuzzFeed]
- Conservatives deny turning trains ‘Tory Blue” in promotional photo. Thanks for the link, Jordan. [Huffington Post Canada]
- The Best of the “Surprised Patrick” Meme. [Smosh]
- Sichuan Newspaper Apologizes For Photoshop Disaster. [Shanghaiist]
- Copywriters just copy stuff, right? [Clients From Hell]
- 15 soothing Cinemagraphs That Will Give Your Brain A Break. [BuzzFeed]
- HuffPost picked up our Victoria Beckham story. [Huffington Post Style]
What a week! Between North Korea trying to pull a fast one on us (again), and seeing that gigantic freaky baby with the Bluetooth, we are definitely ready to rest our tired eyes this weekend. Of course, after viewing this image of Jennifer Lawrence without her teeth, something tells me that nightmare-less sleep might be hard to come by….
Sorry about that.
- Actresses Without Teeth are both hilarious and utterly horrifying. [BuzzFeed]
- “The photo on Google street view is outdated – can you please update it so that it shows our renovated exterior?” [Clients From Hell]
- Why Photoshop Is bad for our self-esteem. [The Globe And Mail]
- If only we could use Photoshop in real life! [Ned Hardy]
- Most Embarrassing Celebrity Twitpics. [About Web Humor]
- 10 of the Greatest Photoshop Battles Ever. [BuzzFeed]
- 21 Images That Seemingly Defy The Laws of Physics. [Smosh]
- The Kardashians are barely recognizable in their new self-tanner ads. [StyleCaster]
- 15 Photos Hilariously Replacing Guns With Thumbs. [BuzzFeed]