Welcome to your weekend edition of Photoshop Disasters: Links We Love. We had a really enjoyable couple of weeks here on the site. We visited a haunted restaurant, lined up our cardboard cut-outs for Silly Monkeys, and cuddled with a holographic baby. Then there was this post, which boasted so many disasters that we could barely even count them all! Now it’s time once again to turn our attention to the ways in which our favorite software has been making news around the web. Check it out.
- Great news for people who want to look like Nic Cage in their photos (whomever they may be), but who lack the Photoshop skills to make it happen. Now you can pay $12 to get “Cage-ified.” [BuzzFeed]
- Hustler magazine draws fire for printing a crudely-Photoshopped explicit image of conservative commentator S.E. Cupp. [The Atlantic Wire]
- 10 Celebrity Mustaches ‘shopped onto cute animals. [BuzzFeed]
- Soon we may know definitively whether images have been Photoshopped, and not just because we’ve spotted a disaster. New software that may be able to detect the use of Photoshop is in development. [Media Bistro]
- 75 captivating “Looking into the Past” photographs=nostalgia at its most creative. [BuzzFeed]
- Best of the Katy Perry Photoshop Meme! [Smosh]